You've been doing a really excellent job at feeling sorry for yourself lately, but the catch is, you don't really have anything to feel sorry for yourself ABOUT. It's annoying, and it's not your style at all. Worse yet, you're annoying yourself and we allllllll know how much more complicated it gets when you end up pissing yourself off too.
In fact, we're going to make a "things that are good about today" list just to stop you ACTING LIKE A BABY.
1) Day off!
2) It is gorgeous outside and it's not actually stupid humid
3) Because of aforementioned day off, I will finally have clean clothes
4) And be able to take a nap at 4:30 if I want to instead of staring with loathing at the filing cabinet
5) I know what's happening with both my jobs, so I can finally figure out when I'm going to California. This will give me a real thing to look forward to (besides my birthday).
6) EIGHTEEN DAYS. [I just realized that serendipitously, this ended up as item 6 - as in the actual day of my birthday - and I didn't even plan it that way!]
7) Laker game reminded me that actually, I do like sports. Boys like sports. Item 7 + item 6 = a new way to meet men. Let's go Yankees. [I really should start following the World Cup. Hot Europeans follow the World Cup.]
8) I have a voice lesson which, although painfully expensive, tends to always motivate me to get my ass in gear on my career (now to chase away the "I went out drinking" voice with many many cups of tea).
...I wanted the list to get to an even 10, because I'm a little OCD, but I haven't left my apartment yet so that's okay.
So okay. This is really, really, irritatingly positive and if I were NOT me I'd definitely read, roll my eyes, and judge me. But honestly the cause-less moping thing is equally as out of character as this motivational pep-talk business, so I'm thinking this is the lesser of two evils.