Friday, June 3, 2011

he's the man of my dreams...

30 Day Challenge, Day One: Five Ways to Win Your Heart

1. Have an accent. Really of almost any kind, provided it's charming rather than unintelligible. It is ASTONISHING how much of a sucker I am for an accent, especially of the British Isles.

2. Be smarter than me. I've been trying to figure out the non-pretentious way to say this, but to hell with it - I'm smart, okay? I'm articulate, I'm pretty well-read, I went to prep school, and I graduated from college early and with honors; I dislike feeling like I need to apologize for this. Oh but. Don't be pretentious.

3. Musical talent. Even if you play a dorky non cool-guy instrument, in which case I will probably still find it endearing because you are musical. Actually, if you're cute and into a dorky non-cool guy instrument I may or may not even like that more.

4. Accept that I'm neurotic. (Bonus points for somehow finding that charming.) Look I'm a little crazy. I know this. I'm slowly but surely working on it. In the meantime, pretend like I'm not or pretend it's cute that I am crazy.

5. Be straightforward. Okay so I know I just said I'm crazy, plus I'm a girl so I'm inherently a little prone to game-playing BUT I can't play the read between the lines with you game. I don't like being jerked around. Talk to me. Tell me what you're thinking. Communicate. I won't flip out, I swear.

...It's not like I'm asking a lot, right? Perfect men everywhere, come out come out wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment